Areas of expertise: Diversity Initiatives in Higher Education; Faculty and Student Recruitment and Retention;Creating an Inclusive Campus Climate; Diversity in the Curriculum; Women’s Leadership; Strategic Diversity Consultations; Race, Class, and Gender Scholarship.
“A Black Woman’s Journey” book tour universities have included Virginia Tech, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois State University, and Jarvis Christian College in 2018. Upcoming engagements: Vanderbilt University, University of Iowa, Butler University, and University of Pittsburgh.
- Delivering a keynote address on diversity for NAMEPA:http://www.namepa.org/conference2017/speakers/dr-menah-pratt-clarke/
- Participating on a keynote panel on engineering and diversity at GEM conference http://www.gemfellowship.org/sponsorship/annual-conference-schedule-overview/
- Conversation at Freddie Mac about Leadership and Diversity: https://youtu.be/U06-NVsqenY
- Delivering a day long series of workshops on issues of gender, leadership, bias, and microaggressions at the University of Central Florida. https://womenfaculty.afia.ucf.edu/files/2012/02/CSWF-2017-Spring-Calendar-of-Events-LJW.pdf
- Serving as keynote for an NAACP chapter event. See video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD_vMtRv8hw
- Keynote address on diversity in higher education: http://dms.tlos.vt.edu/content/adhoc/q4893/
- 2018 Keynote address at Advancing Diversity Conference on the Ut Prosim Imperative:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpH-sxarD7k
- Town Hall with President Tim Sands on Diversity at Virginia Tech: https://vtnews.vt.edu/articles/2018/05/univrel-inclusivevttownhall.html
- 2018 Lunch Keynote Cornell University, Future Professors Institute, Advancing Diversity in the Academy: Remaining True to Your Voice and Scholarship http://blogs.cornell.edu/futureprofs/2018-speakers/
“Dr. Pratt-Clarke was engaging, knowledgeable, and overall excellent.”
“Grateful for her insights”
“Wonderful and inspiring set of talks”
For recent video of Town Hall with President of Virginia Tech on Diversity, see below: